To restore hope and transform the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions, their families and the communities in which we serve.
HopeKids provides ongoing events, activities and a powerful, unique support community for families who have a child with cancer or some other life-threatening medical condition. We surround these remarkable children and their families with the message that hope can be a powerful medicine.
Our Guiding Principles
- Our vision, mission and motivation are driven by our desire to serve in the name of Jesus Christ in response to and out of our gratitude to God. (Colossians 3:17) It is through God’s love and the eternal hope we find in Jesus that we want to love and offer hope to those in need.
- We cling to the promise that “Hope does not disappoint.” (Romans 5:5) We also believe that hope comes from God, and provides joy and peace in a way that nothing else can. These biblical truths form our belief that hope is a powerful medicine, and all our activities, resources, and time are to be directed to restoring hope for the future to the children and families we serve.
- We strive to promote integrity, honesty, and openness in the manner in which we conduct our daily financial and management operations. We will be good stewards of all resources that God has blessed us with.
- The HopeKids program is open to all children with life-threatening medical conditions and their families without regard to background, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, or sexual orientation.
- HopeKids welcomes supporters and volunteers who recognize and are willing to serve within our guiding principles.
HopeKids was founded in 2001 and is a tax exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.